Who we are
Grounds for data collection
Processing of your personal information (meaning, any information which may potentially allow your identification with reasonable means; hereinafter ” Personal Information “ is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you and for providing you with our services, to protect our legitimate interests and for compliance with legal and financial regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. Our Sites are not designed for or directed at children. Under no circumstances shall we allow the use of our services by minors without prior consent or authorization by a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected].
What information do we collect?
We collect two types of data and information from Users.
The first type of information is unidentified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a User(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of our Sites (“ Non-personal Information ”). We are not aware of the identity of a User from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, etc.) in order to enhance the functionality of our Sites. We may also collect information on your activity on our Sites (e.g. pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.).
The second type of information Personal Information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual. Such information includes:
- Device Information: We collect Personal Information from your device. Such information includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g. MAC address and UUID), and other information which relates to your activity through our Sites.
- Registration information: When you register to our Sites you will be asked to provide us with certain details such as full name, e-mail or physical address, and other information.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the site, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the site.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
This site utilizes caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. Caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. All cache files are temporary, and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. Cache files expire on a schedule set by the site administrator, but may easily be purged by the admin before their natural expiration, if necessary. We may use QUIC.cloud services to process & cache your data temporarily. Please see https://quic.cloud/privacy-policy/ for more details.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How do we receive information about you?
We collect information about you during the signup process as well as some basic activities such as the dates you make purchases, login to the site, or cancel/pause/resume your subscriptions with us.
We receive your Personal Information from various sources:
- When you voluntarily provide us with your personal details in order to register on our Sites;
- When you use or access our Sites in connection with your use of our services;
- If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email;
- From third-party providers, services, and public registers (for example, traffic analytics vendors).
Third-party collection of information
In addition to the different uses listed above, we may transfer or disclose Personal Information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and subcontractors.
- Hosting and operating our Sites;
- Providing you with our services, including providing a personalized display of our Sites;
- Storing and processing such information on our behalf;
- Serving you with advertisements and assist us in evaluating the success of our advertising campaigns and help us retarget any of our users;
- Providing you with marketing offers and promotional materials related to our Sites and services;
- Performing research, technical diagnostics, or analytics;
We may also disclose the information if we have good faith to believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies (including our Agreement), including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and/or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
How we use the information collected.
When you subscribe with us, we’ll ask you to provide an email address.
We may use the information for the following:
- Communicating with you – sending you notices regarding our services, providing you with technical information, and responding to any customer service issue you may have;
- Send you information about your account and subscriptions. This may include payment receipts, password reset emails, and payment reminders;
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates and services;
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service;
- Create your membership account;
- To serve you advertisements when you use our Sites (see more under “Advertisements”);
- To market our websites and products (see more under “Marketing”);
- Conducting statistical and analytical purposes, intended to improve the Sites.
We may use third-party advertising technology to serve advertisements when you access our Sites. This technology uses your information with regard to your use of the Services to serve advertisements to you (e.g., by placing third-party cookies on your web browser).
You may opt out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information about this practice by NAI and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ and http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/ .
We may use your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc. ourselves or by using our third-party subcontractors for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials, concerning our services, which we believe may interest you.
Out of respect to your right to privacy, we provide you with such marketing materials as means to decline to receive further marketing offers from us. If you unsubscribe we will remove your email address or telephone number from our marketing distribution lists.
Please note that even if you have unsubscribed from receiving marketing emails from us, we may send you other types of important e-mail communications without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements or administrative notices.
How do we safeguard your information?
Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse of our Sites, and we make no warranty, express, implied, or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored personal information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of personal information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your personal information that is in our control.
- Request the erasure of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of personal information by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your personal information by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights or receive more information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) using the details provided below:
8 The Green, STE 4000
Dover, DE 19901
How long we retain your data
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. If you create an account on one of our sites, we will store information about you for as long as your account exists. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal data, account opening documents, communications, and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our site (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How to contact us
If you have any general questions about our Sites or the information we collect about you and how we use it, you can contact us at [email protected].
Last Modified July 30, 2023